Applications are due by 4pm MST on Tuesday, August 15, 2016 ( After that date the booths with cost $10 to $15 more). Vendors are selected based on merchandise, product quality, product variety, product appropriateness, and space availability. Prospective vendors must send at minimum one photo (4×6″ to 8.5×11″) and an itemized list of merchandise along with the application. Our Vendor Coordinator will contact vendors directly when their application has been approved for the event. Until you are contacted, you are not approved.
Booths are located within the O.K. Anderson Green River City Park. Booth spaces are large enough to accommodate sun canopies, which are recommended. You must provide all materials for your booth; we will not provide you with canopies, tables, etc. Electricity is reserved for food vendors only.
If you need more information contact Jackie Nelson at 435-820-0592 (leave a message), or email@example.com
- Cost per space: $100, after August 15th $115
- Food vending spaces are 12’ x 20’.
- Maximum two 10-amp plugs per vendor. If more power is required you must provide a generator.
- You must provide hand sanitizer for the public at your booth.
- You must possess a current food handler’s permit from the State Board of Health. Enclose a copy of your permit with this application.
- If you have a roadside booth, you may park vehicles by your space to access food supplies, ice chests, etc.
- If you sell food from a trailer that must be pulled into the park, contact Jackie. These must be positioned on Thursday evening or early on Friday morning.
- Food vendors are not allowed to have cash registers or fans, unless they have their own generator
- Selling hours: Friday – 12pm-7pm; Saturday 8am-5pm – no selling after dark. Booths may not be dismantled until after 5pm on Saturday.
- The sale of beer or alcohol is prohibited.
Arts and Craft Vendors
- Cost per space: $70, after August 15th $80
- Arts and Craft vending spaces are about 12’x12’ inside the park. No parking is available next to these spaces and vendors are not allowed to drive a vehicle into the park to unload after 10am on Friday and only with permission. Vendors cannot drive onto the park to load after the event until Sunday morning. Walkways must not be blocked with items for sale. Vendors requiring more than 12’ of space must purchase a second space.
- Arts and Craft vendors are not allowed to have cash registers or fans.
- Selling hours: Friday – 12pm-7pm; Saturday 8am-5pm – no selling after dark.
- Booths may not be dismantled until after 5pm on Saturday.
- Vendors receive a parking pass for unloading at check-in. You must move your vehicle when finished. Ample long-term parking is within easy walking distance of the park.
The check-in booth is in the southeast corner of the city park near the basketball court. Check-in begins is 5:00 – 7:00pm Thursday evening and 7:30am – 2:00pm Friday. Both returning and new vendors may set up booths only after check-in.
Garbage must be disposed of in the eight large bins around the perimeter of the park. Do not use the garbage cans in the interior of the park for these items. If your space is not cleaned up before leaving you will not be invited back.
- Fart, gas, or bag bombs
- Yard sale or flea market items. (Re-purposed or up-cycled items must be approved. Enclose photos with this application.)
- Knives, guns, toy guns/imitations, letter openers, mini daggers, gang related items
- Weapons, imitation weapons, sharp objects, or gang-related items.
- Fake cigarette lighters, fake gum wrappers, fake pens, etc.
We reserve the right to inspect any and all items brought onto the park to be sold and to refuse the sale of items. Items deemed unsafe or that cause complaints will not be sold. Anyone not in compliance with the above will be asked to leave. Refusal may lead to the involvement of the Emery County Sheriff’s Department.
Insurance & Business Licenses
Provide proof of liability insurance is required this year. The City of Green River must be listed as secondary insured. Insurance companies who specialize in vendor insurance we have found are; actinsurance.com, and fastcov.com, and https://tulip.onebeaconentertainment.com/e/tulip/apply.aspx or contact your insurance agent. (If you don’t already have event insurance you can obtain it after you are accepted as a vendor for Melon Days, however we must receive your certificate of insurance within two weeks of being accepted or your space will be given to someone else.) Vendors are not required to have a business license through the City of Green River.
Payment must be included with the application. We accept money order or cashier’s check payable to the City of Green River. No personal checks accepted. Save your receipt. If you are not accepted your money order will be returned.
Cancellations must be made by August 15th for consideration of a refund. You may not sell your space to another vendor. This is a rain or shine event; no refunds will be given in the event of rain.
Soliciting/distribution of materials or products outside of vendor space is not allowed. Vendors are not allowed to move their vendor space. Information and giveaways will only be allowed with written permission from the Melon Days Committee.
The Melon Days Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex, religion, or disability.
The Melon Days artwork or name of Melon Days may not be used without written authorization from the Melon Days Committee.